One of the biggest life changes is learning to accept, acknowledge and celebrate the small positive life changes. Many of us do not realize the effect of the small changes that we implement. It is so important to recognize that these small changes are contributing to significant changes over time. You are still moving forward!
Here are some helpful tips for you to consider regarding your own small positive life changes:
- Small changes set us up for success. There is a higher probability of doing them, completing them, following through with them.
Celebrate your small changes, however insignificant you may THINK they are.
- When we are able to be conscious of any step we take towards growth, learning or improvement, we are living deliberately.
- If we wait for something big to validate that we are making progress, moving forward or creating change in our life, we may end up feeling stuck and frustrated. Is that the truth? I am quite confident you do something almost every day that contributes to positive change. Even thinking new thoughts counts. Choosing to think differently and with focus will create new behaviours and actions. In time this will create new habits!
- Do you feel like you are moving backwards (or not moving at all)? Have you experienced setbacks, roadblocks, are you trying to get up from being knocked down? Are you struggling with a decision or action that didn’t work out? Have you had upsetting news? Have you had disturbing news? Have you had sad news? Respect YOURSELF. Take the time to process emotions, to reach in, to reach out, to connect, to reconnect and if necessary, to disconnect and step back. RESPECT YOURSELF. There is nothing wrong with being still, with allowing yourself the opportunity to breathe, think, process and “just be”. Then start making some small steps towards moving forward, to getting back up, to doing what you can with what you have and where you are, to starting over, to regrouping!
- You may have some people that support you in your small life changes, you may have some who try to discourage you, you may have some who say nothing. It’s hard to prepare for the various reactions. My advice is to keep accepting, acknowledging and celebrating anything you are doing to be a better person. Here’s an awesome “bonus”…..as you become more conscious of your own changes, you will also be more aware of the small changes that others make! You’ll want to let them know you notice, you’ll want to encourage them and you’ll be sincerely happy for them. That’s how positive change happens, in our own lives and in the lives of others. Isn’t that truly what we are all seeking and isn’t that exactly what the world needs right now?
- You are ready for a big change? Well, I can talk a lot about that! Hmmmm, perhaps this will be a future post? If you are ready for big changes, I get that – TOTALLY. My advice would be to get yourself organized with a plan and start making some small changes to begin with. You will once again be setting yourself up for success this way. Slowly implement those changes that are more challenging, make a bigger impact and perhaps frighten you! Revise your plan if you need to, switch things up, change your mind if you want too………just keep taking action (I have to remind myself of this everyday!).
Small changes, big results! Keep doing. Keep living. Keep respecting and appreciating the gift of YOU.
Together in celebration and good changes,